unit 2 assignment 1
1. Most registers in the 8051 are 16 bits wide.
2. Registers R0-R7 are all 8 bits wide.
3. Registers ACC and B are 8 bits wide.
6. What is the result of the following code and where is it kept MOV A, #15H
MOV R2, #13H
ADD A, R2
7. Which of the following is (are) illegal (a) MOV R3, #500 (b) MOV R1, #50 (c) MOV R7, #00
(d) MOV A, #255H (e) MOV A, #50H (f) MOV A, #F5H
(g) MOV R9, #50HChapter 3
4. The mnemonic SJMP stands for short jump and it is a 2-byte instruction.
5. The mnemonic LJMP stands for long jump and it is a 3-byte instruction.
6. What is the advantage of using SJMP over LJMP Less ROM is consumed
7. True or False. The target of a short jump is within -128 to +127 bytes of the current PC.
8. True or False. All 8051 jumps are short jumps.
9. Which of the following instructions is (are) not a short jump (a)JZ (b) JNC (c) LJMP (d) DJNZ
10. A short jump is a 2-byte instruction. Why The first byte is the opcode and the second byte is the relative address of the target location.
11. True or False. All conditional jumps are short jumps.Chapter 4
8. Upon RESET, all the bits of the ports are configured as input (input, output).
11. Write a program to get 8 bit data from P1 and send it to ports P0, P2, and P3.
MOV A, #0FFH
MOV P1, A
MOV P1, A
MOV P0, A
MOV P2, A
MOV P3, A
14. At what memory location does the 8051 wake up upon RESET? What is the implication of that? It wakes up all ports and then they are configured as inputs, ready to be used as input ports.Chapter 8
37. Before we reprogram the DS89C4x0 we must erase (dump, erase) the flash ROM.
38. True or False. In order to download the hex file into the DS89C4x0, it must be in the Intel hex file format.
39. Give two features of the DS89C4x0 that earlier 8051 and 8052 chips do not have.
The 8052 is another member of the 8051 family. The 8052 has all the standard…